For qualifying reasons for FMLA and Military Leave please refer to Policy 1630.01.
Types of Leave:
1. Medical (Employee or Family) Policy 3430, 3430.01 and 3430.02
- Intermittent (Employee or immediate family member) when a medical condition requires you are off for your own or a family members for occasional appointments or medical treatment. Policy 3430.01B.
- Short Term 1-50 days (Policy 3430.06)
2. Extended Child care/unpaid. Not for Birth. (Policy 3430.04)
3. Jury Duty (Policy 3235 and 3236)
4. Administrative Minimum of 1 work day and a maximum of 49 work days
5. Military (Policy 3437)
6. Long Term 50-maximum number of work days in employment term. Must have at least 10 years of employment with Cabell County Schools. Policy 3430.05
7. Parental – child birth/child care/adoption/care giver. Policy 3430.03.
8. FMLA Limits when spouses are employed by the board. Policy 3430.01.
PAID LEAVES AND UNPAID LEAVES PLEASE REFER TO POLICY 3430.
FMLA AND MILITARY FAMILY LEAVE PLEASE REFER TO POLICY 3430.01.
PERSONAL LEAVE PLEASE REFER TO POLICY 3431.
Any leave or return from leave during the last 5 weeks of academic terms shall be reviewed individually by the Superintendent to minimize disruption to the students programs.